Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Thing 1: Blogging

     My name is Terri and this is my first time blogging.  I feel very uncertain about all of this but hope to become more comfortable as I work through my Cool Tools for School online PD.  I'm a teacher/libraian at Trinity Catholic School in upstate NY.  I have a wonderful husband of 16 years and 2 beautiful teenagers that keep me very busy when not at school.
     I am hoping that this course gives me many tools to enhance my students learning and love of learning.  I feel that it is important to connect with each child that passes through my door on an individual basis.  In order for me to do that, I need to stay up to date on new technology and ways of reaching even our most challenging students.  I feel that this course will help me accomplish this.
     I have learned through this first lesson that I'm more apprehensive about blogging than I expected to be.  I thought that it would be easy to set up and use a blog and I'm sure I will get there but I'm not there yet.  I can see the value in teaching students to blog but don't know if I will use it with my students at this time.  I need to become much more comfortable with all of this first.  So, let the learning continue...

1 comment:

  1. You did great! Your blog looks terrific and you post is just what we are looking for in the assignments. The main goal of the workshop is to help people feel more comfortable with tech! So you're well on your way. :)

    ReplyDelete