Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Thing 12: Final Reflections & What's Next

I enjoyed this workshop more than most workshops that I have participated in.  I really liked the format with many choices so we could all personalized the workshop to what will help each of us the most.  I enjoy completing things online and therefore that was not a problem.  My biggest challenge was my own personal time management, hence the reason that I'm finishing on the last day but I am finishing.

I always felt that I was comfortable with technology and not afraid to dive in and learn new things about technology.  This workshop taught me that I'm a little more timid about trying new things than I originally thought, but it pushed me to try anyways.  As educators, we push our students to try new things and that is what this did for me.  I now know how to blog and have a twitter account for professional purposes.  I found that I liked Buncee for slideshows but I'm not sure how much I will use it in the future because you have to pay for it for classrooms.  I will continue to look for new online programs though to introduce to the students so that they see there is a wide variety of available on the internet, they just need to explore.  I also look forward to exploring the newer technology that is trending right now and I think that my new Twitter account will help me to keep up with the continuous changes and developments.

I hope that this is offered to me again because I would love the opportunity to learn about more of the topics and practice my personal time management skills.  I would encourage a few of my co-workers to also try this professional development program.  

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed participating and felt it was worthwhile! Thanks for participating. Hope we can offer the course again next year.

    ReplyDelete